Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Dolores LaChapelle

 


Thanks to Will Evans of KDNK in Carbondale for hosting a second interview with me -- this time talking about my teacher and friend, the late Dolores LaChapelle of Silverton.  If you ever wanted to know why she is so revered in my pantheon of goddesses and gods, this interview gives you a pretty good idea. Itki's less than a half hour long, and Will does a masterful job as interviewer and radio engineer. I think this may be my favorite interview of all time. Listen HERE

The photo above was taken on a hike Dolores and I did to South Mineral Creek outside Silverton. This was the same spot where the Blair family and I and her son  David scattered Dolores' ashes amid the wild mountain waterfalls she loved so much (as does Will Evans whose motto is "water is life").

The photo  to the right of Dolores framed by the mountains she loved was taken by the writer Jonathan Thompson. 




And this cover shot of Dolores' most important book, out-of-print, but one of the greatest books in my library and one I return to time and again.


To learn more about Dolores, go to her legacy site HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome and civil dialogue encouraged