Monday, July 17, 2023

Monday's poem

 


Bio

Conceived in New Mexico
where my bombardier dad was stationed
during WWII I was born in peace

Grew up in Mountain View (California)
& as the Mountain Village grew (Colorado)
I raised three families

Divorced three wives
Lost a fourth. Had a child with a fifth
without any dread wedlocks

Now I marry people
having forsaken the collar for a ballcap
that belonged to Dolores LaChapelle

Living wildly alone like Capt. Barefoot
A life filled with friends & family
Kin of all kinds

random acts of 
total surprise


4 comments:

  1. I love it Art. When can we expect a new book?

    In friendship,
    Dave Gross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. A second anthology of mushroom poems, Medicine for Mind and Heart is due out at the annual Telluride Mushroom Festival in August from Fungi Press. As for just my poems, I'm working on a couple manuscripts. Hopefully one will appear next year. My current book is Dancing on Edge: The McRedeye Poems with Lithic Press in Fruita (CO). Blessings, Art

      Delete
  2. Dave, is Little Egypt your book of poetry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art, yes it is, thank you for noticing. I've followed your work for years and love it all. Wondering about new books?

      I experienced three heart-attacks two years ago and poems have been slow in coming.

      Was planning on Telluride this year but things came up and it looks like we'll not be able to go. Hopefully next year.

      If you ever make it east to southern Illinois we'll hook up.
      Shrooming is still pretty good here (as long as the rain is too).

      I'd be proud to drop you copies of the books I have
      at home if you send me your address.

      If it would be more convenient my e-mail is davidgross12@yahoo.com.

      In friendship,
      Dave Gross

      Delete

Comments welcome and civil dialogue encouraged