Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Bardic Trails: Goodtimes Coming-Out Playground

GOOD QUESTIONS



Two years of working on myself. Not carrying the county burden. Or the ecopolitical albatross. I'm not used to paying attention to my body, that trusty spacetimeship. For two years that's about all I've done. But maybe itki's all done.

Or at least appears to be. See this morning's post in the queue far below, PSA Lab Report.

Tonight's for poetry! KC Trommer in New York City  and the Shroompa in Telluride. Join us for Bardic Trails virtual poetry series 7 pm MST at the Wilkinson Public Library in collaboration with the Telluride Institute's Talking Gourds poetry program. Come bring a poem to the playground. Or a story, a heartsong.

Talking Gourds is about performing, not just listening -- although that's an important lesson always. But after tonight's feature we'll have a virtual Gourd Circle with everyone in the Zoom getting a chance to read a poem, tell a story, sing a song, or just say a word of thanks and mute.




Here's the Zoom Recording 

if you missed my Bardic Trails 

Coming-Out Reading, Interview & Gourd Circle

this Chinese New Year's




Halle-fuckin'-lulia
as my one buddy media'd me earlier
Today's the Year of the Tiger


If you missed this performance, you can access it HERE

3 comments:

  1. If you listen to the Q&A after my reading/playground, you'll notice I made one grievous mistake that folks in the chat looked up -- I do shoot from the hip, make a point, and then retract itki when itki's's wrong, Also forgot a term that Mike Olschewsky remembered for me and never really answered Eduardo Brummel's question about McRedeye.
    So, to correct, kith means "friends and acquaintances" and is akin to uncouth. My guess that itki meant “stuff” was my mental association of one's kit, as in toolkit, which I guessed might be connected to kith. Itki isn't.
    The term for blowing a cloud of diesel smoke out your pickup's pipes is called "rolling coal."
    And McRedeye, my alter ego/echo, comes from a long anti-nuclear rant that I wrote back in the Sixties called Mushroom Cloud Redeye. I don't get to perform that piece much, though I did for a peace gathering in Colorado Springs a few years ago, and itki was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah, my friend. YES to cancer freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my friend. You are my only blogger so far. A long time since reading on the lawn at CMC. Any questions?

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome and civil dialogue encouraged