Monday, January 31, 2022

PSA lab report

 CELEBRATING

My post-op PSA lab test came in at 0.1, which is basically negligible, as I understand itki.

Forgive me for focusing on my personal health but this is a big hurdle. Itki means I'm in remission from my prostate cancer post surgery. We will keep monitoring, and this one low reading doesn't mean the cancer can't return, but itki does mean the surgery was successful in removing the cancer that was there.


After two years of challenges -- throat cancer, radiation, chemo, pneumonia, Covid, hernia and prostate cancer -- I may be healthy again. Huge thank yous to my wonderful team of docs -- Dr. Heather Linder, Dr.  Michael Murray, Dr. Duane Hartshorn, Dr. Vernon King, Dr. Kyle Work, Dr. Helen Goldberg, and various consultants and corollary providers; my kind, generous and loving family; and my whole crew of caregivers, friends and well-wishers. You've made the difference for me. Bless you.

I won't be using my CaringBridge site from now on. And hopefully far into the future. But I hope you'll make comments here on my blog, if you're so moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome and civil dialogue encouraged