Tuesday, January 4, 2022

POETREE is the heART at LIBER TEA




I'M  BACK 

& HAVING A GREAT TIME DYING


or itki felt like  dying 13020-13022 [Western Slope Calendar]

after throat cancer, surgery, chemo, radiation  hell-in-a-handbasket

hernia, mild 1-day Covid, nasty 3-week Front Range cold, prostate surgery

& then two weeks  purgatory tethered  by my shrunken urethra to  a urine bag



now itki's back to feeling like a great time  again




'cuz I got that goddam'  catheter out in spite of the morning's crystogram scare

where a leaky bladder showed up  again & I expected -- going cross town from Grand

Junkyard's St. Mary's to the Urological Associates  of Western Colorado by the Mall

I expected to be sent down  hell's escalator into the self-swamp of (at last) depression

but where instead hell's bells  a swarm of good docs conferred & gave the good nurse 

the greenlight to pull the fucker out.  Or the fuck-stopper.  Or whatever 

was left of my onceuponatime major pleasure center


Now itki's back to having a  great time again

 

until the next inferno disaster mass killing catastrophe brings me

bring us

face-to-face with DEATH that for some lucky few 

sits on our left shoulder like an angel





EXPECTED NON-EXEMPT NINTH LIFE  DEMISE 

RESURRECTED


I've re-energized this  dormant sleepingbear Art Goodtimes blogspot 

with itki's cache of  old Telluride UP BEAR CREEK columns from years past

that have outlasted the vagaries of  shape-shifting hometown newspapers

cutthroat  corporate publishers, a challenging Job-esque Scylla&Charybdus two-years

& my deep-rooted, pre-scholastic procilivity for an archive of congeries

The idea? 

To start sharing with friends & family what's most important to me


POETREE

which as my good bardic  condor compadre Kush might say

Is the Heart at LIBER TEA





Here's a  new performance work-in-progress that plays off of 

the etymological explorations of the late Tom Jay of the Pacific Northwest 

& my big stage run-on rant style, with repetitive structural tropes scattered about.

Itki goes after Christianity 

& our American obsession with comfort & "happy" endings

as if there was nothing we couldn't fix


HAPPY NEW YEAR'S














16 comments:

  1. Glad you're back, Art, and out ahead of the rest of us on the path to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahead, aheart, behind & in front. itki's good to take it all in

      Delete
  2. Wonderful that you're out and about again, free ranging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a gift to be given a bit more time in this amazing world

      Delete
  3. Wonderful news, paleowarrior! 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my kids are particularly glad, as they want me around a bit longer and I'm happy either way -- more of this heavenly world (with all itki's joys & ills) or a dive into the mystery

      Delete
  4. Great to hear you are back at what you love. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Unknown. itki feels good. more time to cause more trouble and learn to stay with them, as Donna Haraway suggests

      Delete
  5. I’m glad I’m back too for however long it lasts, this amazing life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing life indeed, brother Art.
    Back to back...belly to belly...it's a zombie jamboree...
    xo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qf41YiUNSY&t=1s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a jamboree with zombies and thaumaturges, belly to belly, back to back. and you, my friend, are definitely a thaumaturge

      Delete
    2. Spike Lee -- terrific. I love the things you pull out of the air, Paolo. One day we're going to have to do a poetry reading together...

      Delete
  7. Don't mess with me, mushroom head; you know damn well itke is Colorado Pig Latin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Free rangin' goodtimes paelohippie!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome and civil dialogue encouraged